Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Cakies Tent

A couple days ago Elisabeth from Thimbles & Things posted a link to this homemade tent from Cakies.  As soon as I saw it I decided to make it for Avery, so yesterday we headed out to pick up supplies.  It took me about three hours to make, two of which were spent trying to figure out my sewing machine.  But, using the manual, I managed to thread the machine by myself and sew straight lines.  Well, almost straight.  Anyway, it turned out really cute and only cost about $12.  Plus it folds up for easy storage!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

If you have a drill and any sort of working knowledge of a sewing machine, this is a SUPER easy project.  The hardest part (besides trying to read the sewing machine manual) was letting Avery pick her own fabric.  (I was trying to talk her into a cool paisley, but all she wanted was pink...and only pink.)  When I pulled this fabric down she got really excited, and then we found out it was on clearance for $2/yard!  

Have a great weekend!  We'll be camping indoors!

15 comments:

Caitlin Boyd said...

Steph! Would you mind sending me your address and Tabitha's as well?

Stephanie said...

Sure! I'll send it through Facebook! : )

LaynahRose said...

ADORABLE!
I bet she loves it :)

Annie Kennedy said...

That is so cute! I would make that if I had kids - I might file it away for the future! :)

Stephanie said...

Annie, you should! It was so easy and Avery loves it!

Eleanor at Mirror Of My World said...

hi stephanie
your blog is lovely am going to be a new follower- thanks for your comment on my blog post, made me smile.
i wish i could make things out of fabric!
have a great weekend and hope youll come back to my blog.
eleanor xo#

Mikelle Jade {The Honeypie Archives} said...

This looks like so much fun, I recently saw this idea on another blog and thought about doing it-- but I don't have any young ones around to play around with. SUCH a cute tent, and I love the fabric you chose!

Hollie said...

this is so awesome!! I want to make one. I don't have a sewing machine though, so I'll have to get my mom to sew up the fabric! Great job. :]

Stephanie said...

Hollie...when I read that you've been stuck inside I totally thought of this tent for Emma! It was SO easy!

Shannon said...

that's adorable!

Cat said...

Cool! What a great project ... will make for a magical play "house" that is for sure :)

❤ Cat brideblu

ps. I want one too! ;)

That Girl in Pearls said...

This is absolutely precious! You did a fabulous job.

PS I so enjoyed your previous post on "then and now". Just darling. Congrats to you both!

Hope you have a wonderful day, Love.
B.
That Girl in Pearls

Kimia Kline said...

are you kidding me. is it wrong that i want to make one for myself!? this is AMAZING. what a lucky girl your daughter is :) i'm super impressed--i cant ever thread my sewing machine on my own. my mom always has to come to my rescue.

Steph said...

I love this! Great job :)

Jennifer said...

Aw, this is such a great idea! I'll have to keep this in mind!