Monday, November 25, 2013

Avery's Nightgowns and Etsy Scarves

Back in the summer, when Avery didn't have any pajamas, we tie-dyed some white t-shirts and turned them into nightgowns for the warm summer months. But as soon as fall rolled around, and the evenings grew colder, Avery decided that she was only going to wear an old flannel nightgown that my mom made her two years ago (which, of course, was WAY too small). Luckily I saw that there was a flannel sale at JoAnn Fabrics, so I picked some up to make a few nightgowns.

DSC_0167

I used the same kind of pattern that I used for the top of Avery's gypsy costume, I just made the sleeves longer, and made it dress length instead of shirt length. There are two great dress patterns here and here that are free to print (I ended up having to make my own using a combination of these two patterns because Avery has some super long arms and legs). Here's how they turned out...

DSC_0343 (2) DSC_0342 (2)DSC_0220 DSC_0197

Avery LOVES them, and the flannel is super soft and warm. Plus they only cost $5.68 a piece, thanks to the sale (and a 10% off coupon). Here's a little glimpse at how easy these nightgowns are to put together...they were totally worth the effort.

DSC_0224 (3) DSC_0229 (2)DSC_0233 (2) DSC_0319 (2)DSC_0324 (2) DSC_0328 (2)

And here's the latest project I've been working on for my Etsy shop. I sold a few of these scarves at bazaars last year, and I've finally had time to make more and list them in my Etsy shop. I might have to steal one for myself though...I'm in love with the red one.

DSC_0348 DSC_0338DSC_0331 DSC_0320

And one last thing...this is a video Avery made while I was sewing one of her nightgowns. She's the sweetest, funniest little thing. Even if no one watches it, I just wanted to post it here so I can watch it whenever I want. I just love this kid.

12 comments:

tinajo said...

Very pretty fabrics, would have loved them as a girl! :-)

http://tinajoathome.com/

My-cliffnotes said...

My names Avery, bye. Die love her and I want the top two scarves!!

Bridget said...

How did I not know you have an etsy shop?!? I am in love with that blue and white scarf, going to have to grab it!

Laura June said...

I LOVE the plaid scarves! Would you fly out here and teach me a few sewing tricks??? ;)

Amber said...

I am a bit of a plaid scarf enthusiast, and LOVE these. I may have to put one (or all of them) on my Christmas list.

Amber said...

I am a bit of a plaid scarf enthusiast, and LOVE these. I may have to put one (or all of them) on my Christmas list.

Rikki Rivera said...

oh gosh, avery is just the cutest little thing!! and love the sewing skills miss!

Hollie Nickolls said...

I just wore my plaid scarf that you made me yesterday, and I think I love it more every time I put it on.

Also, I got your drawing yesterday, and I'm so, so excited to frame it. I'm hoping I can do it tomorrow. You're so damn talented, Stephanie! I'm so happy to have a piece of your work.

Hollie Nickolls said...

ok, Bryan & I just watched that video and laughed so hard. She reminds us so much of Emma! Emma turns everything into a "contest" these days. Last weekend she was trying to get Bryan to challenge his mom to a laundry contest to see who was better at washing! LOL!

Anne said...

Your nightgowns and scarves are fabulous!! Lovely video...Avery is such a cutie:) Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!
~Anne xx

Tiffany Kadani said...

Yeah. You're the best mom and she really is the sweetest gal.

Ashley said...

I really need to learn to sew! Kendra is going through a phase where all she wants to wear is nightgowns. I haven't found any flannel ones in her size either.