Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Jingle Bell 5K (and a Fun Run with the Elves)

On Sunday morning a group of us had signed up to do the Jingle Bell 5K in Portland for the Arthritis Foundation. We've tried to do it every year since my mom was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and this year we were all pretty excited about it because my mom decided to do it with us. And then we found out that it was supposed to be around 12 degrees that morning. But we all decided to suck it up and put on our layers...I had on two pairs of leggings, two pairs of tall socks, two long sleeve shirts, a fleece jacket, a coat, a scarf, two pairs of gloves, and two hats (yes, two hats)...and it was miserable.

But, we did it, and here are the pictures to prove it. Erik and Avery ran the 1K Fun Run with the Elves (and Avery met the Trailblazers mascot, Blaze), and then they booked it out of there to go get breakfast. My mom, my sister Amy, her friend April, Tabitha and I stuck around for 3 miles of icy wind and bitter cold along the waterfront (Tab's breath froze on her scarf, and my mom had to tell me I had snot all over my face). Good times.

DSC_0805DSC_0820DSC_0838DSC_0853DSC_0860DSC_0869DSC_0878 - CopyDSC_0881DSC_0890DSC_0902DSC_0908DSC_0948DSC_0957

3 comments:

Rikki Rivera said...

Such a festive run! Way to go braving that 12 degrees too!

Rikki Rivera said...

I also want to let you know you won my giveaway! Send me your email or email me at info@rikkirivera.com to receive your gift!

Desiree Macke said...

Love that you braved the elements anyway! Crossing the finish line is that much sweeter then! :)